Tuesday 19 July 2011

How did you stop to nurse? How did you cope with engorgement?

How did you stop to nurse? How did you cope with engorgement?

I am not willing to give up nursing until my baby is at least 6 months old,... I nurses and pumping for bottles for my mommy, who looks at her/it/them, while I am with the work,...

But I am curious over it how you coped with engorgement. How long it für your milk to it took, do you dry up? ich\'m really worried over the pain, that is associated with engorgement. ICH\'ve known women, who dry up her/its/their milk after some days, ließen, and one, of the weeks, both going cold turkey, lasted.

from mommy to 3 under 8

Best answer chosen by voters

Gradually, it is better to disaccustom, less burden on the baby and less engorgement for you. If really you the Bedürfnis feels to disaccustom with 6 months, you begin by interjecting only one pumping session at a time until you stop to feel the engorgement of this session, or only through reducing you the quantity at this session pump, as soon as only along Sie\'wieder to working in the morning and the evening as a nurse, or your routine is at all, you could decide to continue those sessions for a while and could still offer formula during the day, or you could disaccustom also from those gradually.

I nursed all 3 of my children, and I never had much by disaccustoming gradually, if any, engorgement. Now, my children, that did everything as a nurse, länger as you maybe thinks, you want to it, but the process nevertheless is they for resembling. My the eldest disaccustomed with 14 months (with any encouragement of me), my middle child disaccustomed alone with 2 1/2 years, and my most recent still does 1-3 times per day in the age of 3 as a nurse.

Take one day of matters only to one time, and you and your small one will be gladder for it. 100 percent 1 voices saves to it! ! RSS

Other Answers (5)



through amanda un a 1. In the time of mommy and I tried everything. Cold turkey is the worst!! I was much pain, i couldn, in sooo\'t picks up even my son:, I entwöhnte me simply down gradually. I pumped, times less every day in one day, then comfortably was fähig, to hold, only. Warm and cold compresses helped, a lil-bit.I tried even the Kohlkopfblätter, and they didn\'t make anything for me. I wit says ürde that I needed approximately 2 weeks to dry up. But (TMI) if sp i 2 monthäter my nipples pressed, there was still a secretion, but nothing meaning. I gave up old bf with 3 months, but still works from my supply, and baby now is 6 months old, and we went 1+ months. I to theückzusehen, really wishes that been able to go i at least to 6 months, probably could i on sufficiently at least for the 9 month marks camped. Uphold the good work!! baby schif it corrodes very much, but disaccustoming is the best most comfortable way definately to go:)

Source(s,:

1. In the time of mommy to, almost)6-Monat old Andon < 3

through * the reason, that it does sore, should be been honest, because that is not, as the body is drafted in order to disaccustom. Entwhappens öhnend over a period of time and not cold turkey, typically if the child is, of course a toddler is.

AlsAls my son disaccustomed, he/it was 22 months old and was depressed to working as a nurse in the morning and the right before the bed. Therefore, as he/it entwöhnte, I didn\'t experience engorgement, because my body had adapted itself to it, few and few feedings, as soon as he/it began solids.

Cold turkey to go can squeak emotionally for an infant, and physically damaging to you. With engorgement can come mastitis, and in heavier Fällen, abcesses.

If you disaccustom, please you make so gradual. If you do, pain is there gewann\'t and engorgement.


through Right. Oh I therefore was very sore! I couldn\'t even gives my 4yo one you cuddle without jumping. I took f panadolür the pain.
As mean breasts really full and sore became, I would free some of the milk while I was in the shower. Not a quantity, she/it only enough to it, itself less heavily and sore too fühlen, to bring. I made this f once per dayür over one week, before he/it enough pain for me erstarb. It lasted another week after it für she/it, in order to go down, and another few week, before I stopped to produce milk altogether.

through princess Cherbs Not lies gunna... it, that is sucked. I went cold turkey, and the pain was bad, but only für some days. And really, not, more badly with nursing, f, than the painür me, associated. You/they give you analgesics, but really... is not sufficiently badly dafür. HeyThe work simply remedies ße showers, cabbage and other home, you punish

You/they conserve the child ween, that I it brands much for the mother less painfully heard. Hören you one day with a feed on, or you pump, and then is not so bad for you.

I needed to be "dry" approximately 2 full weeks. however, I always have produced colostrum, therefore un not totally sure, as everything went.

beside pasture, my son broke self of breast feeding of the habit of him/it with nine months old, as he/it was on two, feeds with night, that he/it didn\'t want only any breast feed, that however none, that it took approximately three weeks for me, in order to dry up more i, the pumping of a side, one day of mornings and last matter, finished because it was too painful and really became saturated itself like a big hard piece, every time moved or did everything, which was it i lot of the pain, so that finished i to go to doctors, & she/it said only reception pain relief, but began after it to really dry it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment